COVID 19: Free Virtual Audits and Free Insulation
“Virtual home energy assessments”
In response to the current situation, the State of Massachusetts and the utility companies have worked closely with home energy assessment providers to create an opportunity for home energy assessments to be delivered remotely for all one to four unit buildings – without the need for anyone to visit your home. These assessments can be completed with a smart phone or device and an ability to take and electronically send a small number of digital photographs of your home. These assessments can result in the same benefits as a more traditional in-person assessments, including the free at-home delivery of any identified ‘instant savings measures’ (LED lightbulbs, smart power strips, etc.) and the identification of larger savings opportunities like improved home insulation and more efficient heating systems. While the implementation of some of these larger measures might need to wait until the suspension has been lifted, many of the traditional incentives offered for these measures (including zero-interest financing) can be accessed today.
The Sponsors of Mass Save would like to help you reduce energy costs and make your home more comfortable with an energy performance plan tailored to you—including equipment rebates, no-cost products, 0% financing, and a limited time offer of 100% off approved insulation.
Take advantage of this offer by following these steps:
- Call 1-866-527-SAVE (7283) to schedule your no-cost virtual assessment.
- Work with an energy specialist virtually to find personalized opportunities.
- Receive recommended no-cost energy-saving products that will instantly save you money, shipped directly to your door for you to install.
- Access generous Mass Save rebates and incentives to make recommended long-term energy-saving upgrades to your home.
What You’ll Receive from Your Virtual No-Cost Home Energy Assessment:
- A customized energy report tailored specifically to your home.
- Energy-saving products recommended during your assessment delivered at no cost, such as:
- ENERGY STAR® LED light bulbs
- Advanced power strips
- Low-flow showerheads
- Faucet aerators
- Efficient thermostats
- Limited time offer for 100% off approved insulation improvements.***
- No-cost targeted air sealing.
- Generous rebates of up to $2,750 on qualifying energy-efficient heating, cooling, and water heating equipment.
- The opportunity to apply for 0% HEAT Loan financing for eligible upgrades.
Eligibility for a Remote No-Cost Home Energy Assessment*:
- Customers must live in a 1-4-unit home.
- Customers must have full access to the house and the ability to install recommended instant saving products received (i.e. lightbulbs).
- Customers must be comfortable working with the energy specialist over the phone and able to use technology such as video chat and/or sending photos of the home over email.
- Customers who do not qualify for a virtual home assessment may still sign up for an in-person no-cost Home Energy Assessment. Call to schedule by July 31, 2020. Work must be completed by Dec. 31. to qualify for 100% off your insulation installation.
- Customers who meet household income guidelines may instead be eligible for enhanced offers through the Mass Save Income Eligible Program.
- This program is available to residential customers of the Sponsors of Mass Save (eversource and National Grid).
- Eligibility for some rebates/incentives is based on findings from the Home Energy Assessment.
By taking advantage of a virtual Home Energy Assessment, you are not only improving your home’s energy performance and saving money, you are also getting the experience of making hands-on improvements while learning about your home.
If you live in a town with a municipal utility company (Holyoke, Chicopee, or South Hadley in Western MA), contact your local muni to arrange a virtual energy assessment with them.
For non-residential small business customers of Columbia Gas or Berkshire Gas: (Churches, schools, nonprofits, small businesses, etc.) Click here to learn about energy efficiency programs available to you now with incentives up to 100% for recommended and approved insulation and more.